Did you know that East Netherlands is one of the best regions in the world for expats and their families to work and live? East Netherlands offers various excellent facilities, including international education, soft landing spots, a safe living environment and ample opportunities for leisure.
From preschool to primary and secondary education, East Netherlands has three top-ranking international schools. Children of expat families receive priority and are admitted without being placed on a waiting list:
- Rivers International School: pre-school, primary and secondary education (Arnhem)
- International School Twente: primary and secondary education (Enschede)
- Eerde International Boarding School: primary and secondary education (Ommen)
The two official expat centers situated in Overijssel and Gelderland can help international employees with getting started in the region. Services include assistance in visa applications, finding suitable housing and contacting local authorities.
- Expat Center East Netherlands (Enschede, Hengelo, Zwolle)
- Expat Center FoodValley (Wageningen)
East Netherlands is one of the best regions in the Netherlands when it comes to work-life balance and leisure. With ample cultural heritage sites, a varied and beautiful landscape and world-leading museums, expats and their families will enjoy living in East Netherlands.
- Giethoorn: the ‘Venice’ of the Netherlands.
- National Park De Hoge Veluwe: here you can observe many native species in the wild, such as red deer, wild pigs, roe deer, badgers and foxes (the so-called Dutch ‘Big Five’).
- Museum Kröller-Müller: the largest Van Gogh collection outside the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam.
- Various zoos and theme parks
If you want to learn more about the great living environment East Netherlands has to offer for expat families, please contact us.