In the run-up to the Olympic Games, Dutch innovations in the field of the Nexus Food-Water-Energy, High-Tech, and Vitality will have the opportunity to present themselves online to the Japanese business community in the special Rangaku* edition of the TeamNL Tokyo Expo. As part of this Expo, Foodvalley NL is proud to organize an online meeting** on 24 June 2021: "Personalized Nutrition as a Driver of Sport Success".
What you can expect
During program on June 24th 15.15- 18.00 PM Japanese time (8.15 AM – 11.00 AM Dutch time) the relevance and opportunities of personalized nutrition will be highlighted, with sports & nutrition as inspiring example. The online event is designed to provide inspiration, initiate connections and to facilitate international collaboration between Dutch and Japanese businesses on the topic of personalized nutrition.
The program is announced on the Foodvalley website. Just to give you a glimpse of which speakers that will provide their insights during the event:
- Peter van der Vliet, Ambassador at the Netherland Embassy in Japan and Evert Jan Krajenbrink, Agricultural Counsellor at the Netherlands Embassy in Japan
- Dr. Kazuo KYUMA, President of The National Agriculture and Food Research Organization (NARO), Japan
- Prof. Renger Witkamp, Human Nutrition Wageningen University and Eat2Move (NL)
- Dr. Masuko KOBORI, Head of Human Nutrition, National Agriculture and Food Research Organization (NARO), Japan
- Dr. Judith van der Horst, Innovation Lead Food & Health Foodvalley NL
- Pitch presentations by Dutch and Japanese companies
- Dr. Chris van Hoof, Managing Director, One Planet Research Center
- Dr. Jeroen Wouters, Global Ecosystem Development Foodvalley NL and Innovation Manager Sports&Nutrition, at Dutch Olympic Training Centre Papendal, The Netherlands.
In a closing interview, a Dutch and Japanese elite athlete will provide their insights on the topic and on Japanese and Dutch collaboration. Check out the full program at the Foodvalley website.
The following groups are more than welcome to participate in this event:
- Representatives of Japanese and Dutch companies
- Knowledge providers
- Supporting organisations and governments with the ambition and willingness to innovate and collaborate on personalized nutrition with a focus on sports & nutrition
Participation is free of charge but registration is needed. Click here and make sure to save your spot for this event!
The event is co-organised by RVO, Netherlands Embassy in Tokyo, OostNL, Eat2Move, Dutch Olympic Training Center Papendal, Wageningen University & Research, One Planet Research Center.
* Under the title "Rangaku", an age-old partnership between The Netherlands and Japan is being revived. A partnership (1641-1853) in which The Netherlands was solely responsible for the import of all Western knowledge into Japan. An added value that was also known in Japan as "Rangaku", or "Dutch Learning".
** This event is part of the Olympic-level business platform facilitated by TeamNL, Papendal, NOC*NSF and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.