The region has leading entrepreneurial academic research centers: Three universities and five higher professional education Institutes.
Wageningen University & Research
Wageningen University & Research provides education and generates knowledge in the field of life sciences and natural resources.
The domain of Wageningen University & Research consists of three related core areas: Food and food production, Living environment and Health, lifestyle and livelihood.
- Wageningen Bioveterinary Research
- Wageningen Economic Research
- Wageningen Environmental Research (Alterra)
- Wageningen Food & Biobased Research
- Wageningen Livestock Research
- Wageningen Marine Research
- Wageningen Plant Research
University of Twente (UT)
The University of Twente (UT) is a young, entrepreneurial university. It sets standards new technology fields and seeks to stimulate change, renewal and progress in society. The UT works with the technologies of the future - information technology, biotechnology and nanotechnology –in which behavioral and social science research play a vital role. The University of Twente is active in areas such as health, water, green energy, cyber security and education.
- CTIT: Center for Telematics and Information Technology
- IGS: Institute for Innovation and Governance studies
- MESA+: Institute for Nanotechnology
- MIRA: Institute for Biomedical Technology and Technical Medicine
- ITC: Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation
- SBE - Science Based Engineering
Radboud University is one of the leading academic communities in the Netherlands. It has seven faculties and enrolls over 19,500 students in 107 study programs (40 Bachelor’s and 67 Master’s programs).
An international dimension is an essential aspect of the quality of the university’s education and its research and is an integral part of the university’s identity.
- Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behavior
- Radboud Institute for Health Sciences
- Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences (RIMLS)
- Institute for Molecules and Materials (IMM)
Oost NL has strong relationships with knowledge institutes, such as universities, higher professional education institutes, trade schools and training organizations.