East Netherlands hosts an ecosystem where you can grow your business. We’re home to over 1200 foreign companies. Five reasons to choose East Netherlands:
Short product to market times
East Netherlands is home to a wide array of knowledge organizations. Including three world-class universities and research institutes, all offering companies in the region access to new ideas, product development, human capital and infrastructure.
Market access to 500 million consumers
East Netherlands is located strategically between two key European metropolitan area’s: the Amsterdam Rotterdam region and the German Ruhr Area. This central position, combined with accessibility and an excellent infrastructure, offers access to Europe's 500 million consumers.
Motivated and educated employees
Like the rest of the country, East Netherlands has a highly educated, internationally oriented workforce. Blessed with an entrepreneurial spirit and a long tradition of working together.
Competitive fiscal climate
- A competitive statutory corporate income tax rate in Europe – 25% (20% on the first € 200,000).
- Innovation Box resulting in an effective tax rate of 7%.
- Tax incentives for R&D activities.
- No statutory withholding tax on outgoing interest and royalty payments.
- Favorable tax treatment for expats (30% tax ruling).
- VAT deferment upon import: no upfront payment of VAT.
Attractive living environment
East Netherlands has an attractive and save living environment: Green space, room for recreation and nature lovers. Countless options to experience culture. Extensive expat communities and international education.